Is Your Acquisition Hacked?
How much money will an incident cost after closing?
Add comprehensive cybersecurity to your due diligence so your acquisition doesn’t go down the drain.
What is Cyber Due Diligence?
In an M&A deal, due diligence seeks to provide both parties with an assurance that there are no material gaps in the information available to each party about the other as well as acknowledging what is not known at all.
Cybersecurity has recently become a component in due diligence as the value of the target company may rely heavily on their use of information technology systems and the use of and access to information assets. In this nascent field, assessing the cybersecurity program of the target has become a more common practice.
Make Cyber Due Diligence Actionable
Cybersecurity due diligence today only addresses the condition of the network, not whether an attacker has a foothold in it. As recent events demonstrate, due diligence around cybersecurity is quickly becoming a focal point of the negotiations before an acquisition.
Purchasers who analyze risks involved in terms of the financial losses anticipated can protect their investment through better terms.
Measure cybersecurity risk to ensure you’ve done what you can to protect your investment against future losses.
Do It Right
Know what's at stake before you pull the trigger
- Know the economic implications of the risks so the price accounts for them
- Calculate the return on investment for actions to address risks
- Make cyber due diligence more than a pro forma matter
Know the level of exposure and the reasons why
- What seller data is driving potential exposure
- Will the seller’s system architecture expose your systems to added risk?
- Understand the cost to bring new systems into your existing cybersecurity program
Mitigate the risks or pursue indemnification
- Avoid litigation exposure because due diligence meets the standard of care
- Know how much cyber insurance will protect you from an undiscovered breach
- Explore conditional indemnification from the seller
How It Works
Identify Information Assets
Quickly capture key information assets at the acquisition target
Assess Impact and Frequency
Proprietary crunches the numbers based on the industry-leading FAIR standard
Report on Loss Exposure
Address the loss exposure in the reps and warranties ahead of closing
Want to Learn More?
We’ve got you covered before you experience a breach.